In what looks like a shock for the ruling All Progressive Congress (APC) in Oyo state, Oorelope people rallied support for the Labour party candidate, Mr. Lukman Balogun as he emerged as the winner of state Assembly bye election.
Against all expectations, the underdog political party, Labour, won the bye election for Oorelope Local Government.
Mr Balogun, who was a former caretaker committee chairman of Oorelope Local Government, polled 6,122 votes to emerge victorious.
Mr. Jimoh Gbadamosi of the All Progressives Congress (APC), polled 4,148 votes, while the Accord Party’s candidate, Mr. Solomon Olabisi came third with 2,123 votes.
Mr Balogun won in eight of the 10 wards while Mr Gbadamosi of APC won the remaining two wards in the local council.
The seat became vacant following the murder of Hon. Gideon Aremu, who represented the constituency on the ticket of the Labour Party.
Get A Reliable POS For Your Business
- Osun Assembly Charges OSSIEC On Credible Elections
- Osun: DG Boss Calls For Strict Adherence To Traffic Rules Among Okada Riders
- OSPOLY Fixes Dates For 2021/2022 Post UTME Screening Exercise
- EFCC Displays 51,933 Pages, Showing Content Of Naira Marley’s iPhone
- REPORTER’S DIARY: Arrested, Charged Within An Hour Without Outside Contact.… Clear Example Of How Journalists Disappear In Nigeria
News3 days ago
If Buhari Declares Bandits As Terrorists, Nothing Will Remain In Nigeria — Islamic Cleric, Gumi
News3 days ago
Central Bank Of Nigeria Launches Digital Currency, Puts eNaira Wallet Apps On Google, Apple Stores
News5 days ago
Just In: Gunmen Attack Abolongo Correctional Facility In Oyo, Set Prisoners Free
News2 days ago
Osun Pensioners Lament Unpaid Entitlements, Say We’re Now Beggars