By Sadiq Abubakar
The Civilian JTF in Konduga local government area of Borno state has announced that it had arrested a notorious Boko Haram kingpin, Bashir, who had been acting as Abubakar Shekau in several videos dance YouTube on social media.
It claimed that Bashir, popularly known as ‘Sarkin Yanka (meaning the king of massacre), yesterday confessed upon interrogation by the Civilian JTF that he had acted Shekau in several videos and was responsible for the death of his mother, two sisters and brother.
One of the civilian JTF members, Malam Shettima Bulama, who carried out the operation leading to Bashir’s arrest, said the insurgents’ kingpin was arrested while trying to sneak into Konduga town yesterday.
Bulama said the Boko Haram leader was caught with an arrow injury inflicted on him by hunters, adding that the Boko Haram kingpin had also confessed to killing many in the past.
But the military is yet to comment on the arrest as at the time of going to press.
Spokesman of the Operation Lafiya Dole, Col. Mustapha Abubakar Anka, however, pledged to communicate the arrest and give out details whenever he receives briefings from his seniors or above officially.
- Nigerian Army Declares 101 Soldiers Wanted For Running Away From Boko Haram Terrorists
- International Women’s Month: Facebook Launches ‘LeadHERs’
- Chief Imam Offa, MKO Abiola’s Daughter, Oranmiyan DG, Associate Editor Of The Nation, Others Storm Ilorin For Olateju Birthday Celebration
- Ibadan Borokinni Worldwide Forum (IBWF) Receives CAC Certificate
- Food Blockade: Igbo Can Feed Themselves – South East Town Union
News4 days ago
‘You lied, I Didn’t Receive A Dime As Governor’ – Aregbesola Tackles Journalist
News3 days ago
ANALYSIS: Omisore’s Defection Widens Aregbesola, Oyetola’s Rift In Osun
News4 days ago
Doing Social Science Research In Nigeria: Bridging Research Gaps And Improving Development Policies
News2 days ago
Photos Of Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Resuming Work As WTO DG