The Governor Of Osun, Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola, has restructured the state’s machinery of government, reducing the state’s ministries to 12 in the process.
Aregbesola has on Friday written the State House of Assembly, notifying the legislative of the restructuring.
The governor also announced the creation of a new ministry while merging some existing ones.
In a letter of notification forwarded to the Speaker of the House, Rt. Hon. Najeem Folasayo Salaam, Governor Aregbesola stated that while there will be 12 ministries, nine agencies and bureaus will be under his office for direct supervision.
The governor stated in his letter which was dated January 21 that the decision to restructure was arrived at after a reappraisal of the machinery of government.
The letter titled: “Notification of the Restructuring of Some Existing Ministries and Creation of a New Ministry in the State of Osun” listed the 12 ministries in the letter to the House of Assembly:
1. Ministry of Agriculture, Food Security, and Youths Engagement
2. Ministry of Industries, Commerce, Cooperatives and Empowerment
3. Ministry of Economic Planning, Budget and Development
4. Ministry of Education, Science and Technology
5. Ministry of Environment, Sanitation and Physical Planning,
6. Ministry of Finance
7. Ministry of Health,
8. Ministry of Information, Home Affairs, Tourism and Culture,
9. Ministry of Justice
10. Ministry of Local Government, Chieftaincy, Water Resources, and Community Affairs
11. Ministry of Women, Children, and Social Affairs
12. Ministry of Works and Transport
The letter also listed nine agencies and bureaus that will be operating directly under the office of the governor. The agencies are:
1. Office of Regional Integration
2. State of Osun Sports Council
3. Department of Social and Grassroots Mobilization and Guidance
4. Office of Policy Coordination
5. Osun Job Centre
6. Bureau of Lands,
7. Pilgrims Welfare Board (Christian Wing)
8. Pilgrims Welfare Board (Muslim Wing)
9. Office of Forestry, Natural and Mineral Resources
The governor while urging the Speaker to communicate the development to members of the House, also explained that the decision was taken to reduce the cost of governance as well as enhance service delivery.
- Osun: Oba Arowotawaya Lights Up Erinmo Through Yeye Gbobaniyi
- Jalingo Advocates Improved Funding Of Correctional Centres In Nigeria
- Omisore’s Defection To APC Welcome Development – Osun APC Igbimo Agba
- Residents Cry For Help As Suspected Hoodlums Take Over Osogbo Streets, Shoot At Night
- Osun NUJ Chairman, Wasiu Ajadosu Loses Mother
Crime3 days ago
Court Sentences Prince Oyinlola To Jail In Osun
News4 days ago
BREAKING: Imo: Police Detain Former Governor, Rochas Okorocha
News5 days ago
US Reveals How Hushpuppi Laundered Funds For North Korean Bank Hackers
News5 days ago
EFCC Acting Chairman Promoted To Level 14 Ahead Of Senate Screening