National leader of the All Progressive Congress ( APC) Asiwaju Bola Tinubu has said the collective efforts of Nigerians was responsible for the 2015 electoral victory of President Muhammadu Buhari.
Without their support, Tinubu said the change would have been difficult to achieve.
Tinubu who bagged Sun newspapers Man of the Year Award held in Lagos on Saturday said the people provided the bulwark for the unprecedented political change.
“What was accomplished in 2015 was not a singular effort. It was done through the collective love and labor of millions of Nigerians. A handful of them were well known. Most of them are hardworking anonymous people who together constitute the backbone and great strength of this nation.
“God in His wisdom placed me in the position to recognize the change that was needed and to help effectuate that change. I thank God for giving me this chance and for allowing me to be born a black man and a Nigerian, Tinubu stated.
- Breaking : Prominent Nigerian Monarch, Ooni Of Ife Launches COVID 19 Drugs
- Oyo COVID-19 Deaths Now 110
- Fadama N-Cares To Engage 22,000 Farmers In Ondo For Increase Of Food Security
- Block Leakages And Improve Our Revenue – Governor Oyetola Tells Revenue Board
- Osun: Oba Arowotawaya Lights Up Erinmo Through Yeye Gbobaniyi
Crime3 days ago
Court Sentences Prince Oyinlola To Jail In Osun
News4 days ago
BREAKING: Imo: Police Detain Former Governor, Rochas Okorocha
News2 days ago
ASUSS Lauds FG For Resisting Deregistration Plot Against Union
News3 days ago
Fulani Herdsmen Attack Ex-President Jonathan’s Community, Inflict Injuries On Man, Son