A Magistrate Court sitting in Ibadan has ordered the remand of a 62-year-old pastor, Isaiah Akinojo, in prison custody for allegedly raping his friend’s daughter.
Presiding Magistrate, Modinat Akanni, remanded the accused in custody at Agodi prison pending the advice of the Directorate of Public Prosecution.
The plea of the accused was not taking, arraigned on a one count of having unlawful carnal knowledge of a minor, was not taken.
Akinojo, according to the charge, is a pastor at Light of Life Ministry International Church, Egbeda, Ibadan.
The Prosecutor, Insp. Sikiru Ibrahim, said the offence was committed on May 10 at about 7 pm at the church premises.
Ibrahim said, “The offence took place inside the church while Akinojo sent the girl’s junior brother on an errand.’’
He said that the victim usually returned to the church everyday after school before their father would pick them home in the evening.
Ibrahim said the offence contravened Section 218 of the Criminal Code Cap. 38, Vol. II, Laws of Oyo State 2000.
The case was adjourned till July 15, for mention.
Get A Reliable POS For Your Business
- How Fulani Bandits Coordinated Attacks On Oyo Correctional Facility To Free Warlord Wakili, Other Criminal Herdsmen In Detention
- UNIOSUN: The Rantings Of An Infant Alumni Executive By Blessing Olowolafe
- Outrage As FG Links Igboho With Boko Haram
- Just In: Gunmen Attack Abolongo Correctional Facility In Oyo, Set Prisoners Free
- TOP Demands Apology From Oyetola, Police Over Reputational Damage Suffered On Dismissed Case
News4 days ago
Open Disrespect To Oluwo: Iwo Chief Blasts K1, Calls For Withdrawal Of His Traditional Title
News4 days ago
‘Somebody’s Son Can Not Find You With That Video’ – Nigerians Mock Tiwa Savage Over Leaked Sex Tape
News5 days ago
FBI, South Africa Arrest Nigerian Scammers In Cape Town, Founder Of Black Axe Nabbed
News3 days ago
South-West Imams, Alfas Tackle Oluwo Over Plans To Appoint Grand Mufti Of Yorubaland, Report To Gov Oyetola