A socio-cultural group, Nedoghama Nedo, has endorsed the candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party in Edo State, Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu, ahead of the September 28 governorship election in the state.
The group, comprising chiefs from the palace of the Oba of Benin, traditional priests, business owners and professionals, announced the endorsement after a meeting in Benin, the state capital.
The Eson of Benin Kingdom and one of the leaders of the group, Chief Amos Osunbor, explained that, having assessed Ize-Iyamu and his counterpart in the All Progressives Congress, Godwin Obaseki, members of the group were convinced that the PDP candidate had the capacity to take the state to the level desired by its citizens.
Osunbor said, “We have painstakingly assessed the two candidates (Obaseki and Ize-Iyamu) and we have found that Ize-Iyamu is the man for the job.”
In his response, Ize-Iyamu promised to live up to the expectations of the citizens, who he said were committed to effecting a change in government on September 28.
Get A Reliable POS For Your Business
- Osun Assembly Charges OSSIEC On Credible Elections
- Osun: DG Boss Calls For Strict Adherence To Traffic Rules Among Okada Riders
- OSPOLY Fixes Dates For 2021/2022 Post UTME Screening Exercise
- EFCC Displays 51,933 Pages, Showing Content Of Naira Marley’s iPhone
- REPORTER’S DIARY: Arrested, Charged Within An Hour Without Outside Contact.… Clear Example Of How Journalists Disappear In Nigeria
News3 days ago
If Buhari Declares Bandits As Terrorists, Nothing Will Remain In Nigeria — Islamic Cleric, Gumi
News3 days ago
Central Bank Of Nigeria Launches Digital Currency, Puts eNaira Wallet Apps On Google, Apple Stores
News5 days ago
Just In: Gunmen Attack Abolongo Correctional Facility In Oyo, Set Prisoners Free
News2 days ago
Osun Pensioners Lament Unpaid Entitlements, Say We’re Now Beggars