An Abeokuta Chief Magistrates’ Court on Wednesday ordered the remand of a 48-year-old pastor, Michael Adeniran, in prison for allegedly impregnating a teenager.
The magistrate, Oriyomi Sofowora, ordered that the accused be remanded for the facts of the case to be stated.
She then adjourned the case till November 30.
The accused, whose address is unknown, is facing a charge of sexual abuse.
The prosecutor, Kayode Emnmanuel, told the court that the accused committed the offence in June at El- Bethel Church, Ita Aka, in Abeokuta, Ogun.
Mr. Emmanuel said that the accused, a pastor at El- Bethel Church, sexually abused a 17-year-old girl, which resulted into pregnancy.
The prosecutor said that the pastor failed to take responsibility of the teenager in the last six months of his impregnating her.
The prosecutor said that the offence contravened Section 32 of the Child Rights Law of Ogun, 2006.
The accused, however, pleaded not guilty.
- Afenifere Supports Pan Yoruba Summit, Commends Organizers For Timely Initiatives
- Insecurity: Presidency Dragging Nigeria To Political Armageddon -ADAPHAI
- Afenifere Supports Akeredolu’s Ultimatum To Herdsmen, Blasts FG
- Osun Teachers Recruitment: Exercise Will Be Based On Merit – Education Commissioner
- Go For COVID-19 Test, Oyetola Orders Cabinet Members, Domestic Staff
News2 days ago
How Govt Officials Compelled Oluwo To Cancel My Installation As Otun Oluwo – Osun APC Scribe, Salinsile
News3 days ago
Hijab: MSSN Warns School Principals Against Causing Crisis In Osun
News4 days ago
Oluwo Celebrates 5th Coronation Anniversary, Says Iwo Has Witnessed Unprecedented Development
News2 days ago
LG Chairmanship: Osun APC Ward 13 Members Drum Support For Oris, State Reasons