By Oluwamayowa Ojo
A 46-year-old man, Salam Akeem, was on Tuesday arraigned before an Osogbo Magistrates’ Court for alleged malicious damage of N500m worth building.
According to the charge sheet, Akeem willfully and unlawful demolished the building of one Mrs Subuola Abeke when a business deal between them went awry.
Police prosecutor Inspector Oladoye Joshua told the court that the accused committed the offense on August 25, 2016 at Agowande area, Osogbo.
Joshua stated that the allegations against the suspect contravened Sections 451,249(D) and 81 of the Criminal Code Cap 34 Vol II Laws of Osun State of Nigeria 2003.
But the accused pleaded not guilty to the charges against him.
Defense counsel, Mr Okogbe Nagite, applied for the bail of the accused person in the most liberal term.
The Presiding Magistrate, Mr Olusola Aluko, turned down the oral bail application and directed the defence counsel to put up a formal bail application on the next date of adjournment.
Consequently, Aluko ordered the suspect to be remanded in prison custody, just as he adjourned the case till December 5, 2016 for mention.
- Seven Kidnappers Arrested In Osun As Two Other Abducted Travellers Regain Freedom
- Afenifere Supports Pan Yoruba Summit, Commends Organizers For Timely Initiatives
- Insecurity: Presidency Dragging Nigeria To Political Armageddon -ADAPHAI
- Afenifere Supports Akeredolu’s Ultimatum To Herdsmen, Blasts FG
- Osun Teachers Recruitment: Exercise Will Be Based On Merit – Education Commissioner
News2 days ago
How Govt Officials Compelled Oluwo To Cancel My Installation As Otun Oluwo – Osun APC Scribe, Salinsile
News3 days ago
Hijab: MSSN Warns School Principals Against Causing Crisis In Osun
News4 days ago
Oluwo Celebrates 5th Coronation Anniversary, Says Iwo Has Witnessed Unprecedented Development
News2 days ago
LG Chairmanship: Osun APC Ward 13 Members Drum Support For Oris, State Reasons