By Abdulrofiu Agboola
The Police authority in Osun State has arrested a pastor, Timothy Abiola for allegedly shooting dead a fellow pastor, who was also his friend, Pastor Bamiji Ilori.
According to the Police Public Relations Officer, Osun State command, Mrs. Folasade Odoro, Abiola shot his colleague with a locally-made gun.
Odoro, in a press statement on Sunday, stated that the gun had been recovered by the police, adding that the incident happened in Ikire, Osun State.
The reason for the pastor’s action had yet to be ascertained, according to Odoro.
The name of the church of the two pastors was not stated.
Odoro said that the suspect was arrested following a report made to the police by a relative of the deceased cleric.
She said, “Ilori had confessed to the police. Investigation into the killing has started and the suspect will soon be charged to court.”
She stated that the remains of late pastor had been deposited at the Catholic Hospital’s morgue in the Oluyoro area, Apomu, for autopsy.
- COVID-19: Schools Not Ready For Resumption-Reps
- Yoruba Progressive Forum Greets Chief Bisi Akande At 82, Describes Him As A Detribalised Nigerian
- Hijab: MSSN Warns School Principals Against Causing Crisis In Osun
- Osun NUJ Immortalizes Late Prominent Member, Alonge, Sets Up Foundation In Her Honour
- Oluwo Celebrates 5th Coronation Anniversary, Says Iwo Has Witnessed Unprecedented Development