A magistrate court, sitting in Ado-Ekiti has remanded a 62- year-old man, James Sunday in prison for allegedly shooting a husband and his wife in Ekiti.
Sunday, according to the charge sheet read in court on Wednesday, attempted to kill the couple, Unwankwo Emmanuel and Chiwodu Emmanuel by shooting them with a gun in front of their house.
Police prosecutor, Sergeant Monica Ikebuilo told the court that the accused committed the offence on May 6, at Ago Aduloju area, Ado-Ekiti.
Ikebuilo said that the suspect has committed an offence contrary to and punishable under Section 320 of the Criminal Code, Cap C 16,Laws of Ekiti State. 2012.
The plea of the accused was not taken because the magistrate court lacked jurisdiction to entertain attempted murder charge, being an offence that attract capital punishment.
Defence counsel, Mr Chris Omokhafe prayed the court for short date of adjournment.
The police prosecutor said the duplicated case file had been forwarded to the office of the Director of Public Prosecution (DPP) for legal advice.
Presiding Magistrate, Doyin Akosile consequently ordered the remand of the accused in prison custody pending the advice from DPP office.
Dillivry [Advert Banner]
- Gory Details Of Climate Change: A Blessing Turned To A Curse And The Call For Urgent Action By Yakubu Adekunle Alli
- Car Dealer Remanded In Prison Over alleged Fraud Of N13.3M In Osun
- Kogi Poly Goes Gaga, Rusticates 171 Students Over Academic Ineptness
- 2023: Sharada Dumps APC, Emerges As Kano ADP Guber Candidate
- NACETEM To Hold Dissemination Workshop On Design And Impact Of An Apprenticeship-based Entrepreneurship Intervention In Nigeria