South-East All Progressives Congress, APC, has said that ex-governor of old Anambra State, Jim Nwobodo defected to All Progressives Congress in order to avoid prosecution for his involvement in the $2.1 billion arms deals undergoing probe by the Economic Financial Crime Commission, EFCC.
Nwobodo was named as one of the beneficiaries of the of the arms deal to the tune of N600 million meant for the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, campaigns and mobilization in the South-East geopolitical zone.
APC South-East Caucus spokesperson, Osita Okechukwu said it is clear that Nwobodo is a fugitive running away from justice.
Okechukwu insisted that joining the party wont protect Nwobodo because he still has to account for his role in DasukiGate.
Read more at http://www.theheraldng.com/nwobodo-defected-to-apc-to-avoid-the-long-arm-of-the-law/#RoK8fQImT0gf1GiH.99
- Transborder Drug Trafficker Arrested With ‘N1bn Worth Of Cocaine’ In Sokoto
- Abductions: Buhari Should Tell Nigerians If Criminals Have Taken Over – CAN
- Non-Career Ambassador: Osun Monarch, Olowu Eulogizes Buratai For His Patriotism
- 2020/21 Admissions: JAMB, Institutions Set June 15 Deadline
- Like Zamfara, Yobe Shuts All Boarding School
News5 days ago
Residents Cry For Help As Suspected Hoodlums Take Over Osogbo Streets, Shoot At Night
News3 days ago
Murder Convict, Rev King Gets 17 Pages Of ThisDay Birthday Advert While On Death Row
Politics4 days ago
Omisore’s Defection To APC Welcome Development – Osun APC Igbimo Agba
News3 days ago
BREAKING: Bandits Kill 35 In Fresh Attack On Zamfara Community