The Economic and Financial Crime Commission (EFCC) has arrested the Director General of the Nigerian Broadcasting Commission (NBC), Mr. Emeka Mba, over N15 billion fraud allegation leveled against him.
Sources within the EFCC folds said that Mba was picked up by the anti-graft agency on Monday morning in Abuja and taken to the EFCC’s headquarters where he was cooling his legs.
Some detectives suspected to be EFCC officers had last week stormed the headquarters of the NBC, searching computers and files in the Finance and Account unit of the NBC.
The detectives arrested some key Accounts staff during the raid.
It was gathered that the arrested officials had implicated the NBC DG and some top officials of the commission in their separate confessional statements made to the EFCC.
- Transborder Drug Trafficker Arrested With ‘N1bn Worth Of Cocaine’ In Sokoto
- Abductions: Buhari Should Tell Nigerians If Criminals Have Taken Over – CAN
- Non-Career Ambassador: Osun Monarch, Olowu Eulogizes Buratai For His Patriotism
- 2020/21 Admissions: JAMB, Institutions Set June 15 Deadline
- Like Zamfara, Yobe Shuts All Boarding School
News4 days ago
Residents Cry For Help As Suspected Hoodlums Take Over Osogbo Streets, Shoot At Night
News2 days ago
Murder Convict, Rev King Gets 17 Pages Of ThisDay Birthday Advert While On Death Row
Politics4 days ago
Omisore’s Defection To APC Welcome Development – Osun APC Igbimo Agba
News2 days ago
BREAKING: Bandits Kill 35 In Fresh Attack On Zamfara Community