The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission is set to arraign a Senior Advocate of Nigeria, SAN, Ricky Tarfa, on a two- count charge bordering on obstruction of justice and attempting to pervert the course of justice.
Mr. Tarfa was arrested on Friday, February 5, by operatives of the EFCC in Lagos, where he allegedly hid two suspects – Nazaire Sorou Gnanhoue and Modeste Finagnon, both Beninoise – in his Mercedes Benz Sports Utility car, thereby shielding them from being arrested and willfully obstructing the course of justice.
The suspects were alleged to have fraudulently converted some sophisticated manufacturing equipment belonging to Rana Prestige Nigeria Limited for their own use.
Besides, they are being investigated for alleged tax evasion running into millions of naira.
An operative of the Commission who was officially detailed to effect their arrest was reportedly prevented from carrying out his duty by Mr. Tarfa.
The senior lawyer would also be arraigned for illegally and unethically communicating with a judge (name withheld) in a suit involving the EFCC and two companies
Dillivry [Advert Banner]
- Gory Details Of Climate Change: A Blessing Turned To A Curse And The Call For Urgent Action By Yakubu Adekunle Alli
- Car Dealer Remanded In Prison Over alleged Fraud Of N13.3M In Osun
- Kogi Poly Goes Gaga, Rusticates 171 Students Over Academic Ineptness
- 2023: Sharada Dumps APC, Emerges As Kano ADP Guber Candidate
- NACETEM To Hold Dissemination Workshop On Design And Impact Of An Apprenticeship-based Entrepreneurship Intervention In Nigeria