Connect with us

News

Man Burnt To Death In Osun

Published

on

Man, 75  Burnt To Death In Osun

By Rafiu Agboola

It was an horrific scene on Thursday January 7, at Isale-Aro area of Osogbo, capital of Osun state when fire burnt a 75-year-old man, Lamina Ishola to death.

Information gathered at the scene of the incidence on Saturday January 9, revealed that the fire incident, started around 9:00pm on Thursday 7.

It was further gathered  that the neighbourhood had noticed thick flame oozing out of one of the rooms in the mud house where Ishola laid.

Some residents of the area were said to have made frantic effort to put off the inferno before fire fighters arrived the scene to complement the efforts of the sympathisers.

But Ishola, a father of two- a ten-year-old and a girl, aged 7, was unlucky as the fire had burned him to death before help came his way.

When City Mirror News visited the bereaved family of Ishola who stay the same compound with him, they wore mournful look.

The 71-year-old younger brother to the deceased who summoned courage to speak with our correspondent said the fire was caused by a locally made lantern that uses kerosene.

Late Ishola’s brother who identified himself as Ademola Oseni said someone had bought the lantern for Ishola after the Power Holding Company of Nigeria disconnected electricity supply to his house when he could not pay his bill.

Oseni said that Ishola, who was not in good mental condition owing to an injury he sustained in an accident could had mistakenly hit the lantern while asleep subsequently resulting to the fire that consumed him.

He therefore called on Osun state government to come to the aid of the children Ishola left behind saying that their mother had died long time ago.

Oseni said the remains of late Ishola was buried early Friday according to Islamic rites in his compound.

When contacted, the Public Relations Officer of the Osun state Police Command, Mrs Folasade Odoro said the police was not aware of the fire incident.

She said: “It has not been reported to the station.”

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your e-mail address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Recent Posts

Trending