Senator Iyiola Omisore is yet to regain his freedom from the custody of the Economic and Financial Crime Commission (EFCC) where he is been interrogated for his alleged involvement in the diversion of $2.1bn arms fund in the office of the National Security Adviser.
Omisore was arrested for allegedly receiving a sum of N1.3billion from funds pilfered from the office of the NSA to fund and rig Governor Ayodele Fayose into office in 2014 in Ekiti State.
Omisore was arrested on Sunday in his Abuja residence and has since been in the EFCC custody.
The Osun State Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Hon. Soji Adagunodo has sought the intervention of the Ooni of Ile-Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi on the release of the former deputy governor of Osun State.
Adagunodo, whose chairmanship was not supported and accepted by Omisore, pleaded with Oba Ogunwusi to call President Muhammadu Buhari for the release of Omisore.
The Chairman also urged members of the Osun PDP home and abroad to jettison their difference and come together as one and stand with Omisore with their fasting and prayer.
In his reaction, the Ooni of Ife Oba Ogunwusi reiterated his support for President Buhari’s administration anti corruption war, even as he urged EFCC to let the rule of law to take its course in the course of fighting corruption.
Ooni assured the chairman, that he would do all within his power that the rule of law is follow in relation to the arrested Ife Indigenes.
- Riot Broke Out In Osogbo As Police Allegedly Kill Passerby
- Opinion: “No Economy In Osun State, under Governor Oyetola” – Former Deputy Speaker Lasun Yusuf
- Osun APC Fires Back At Lasun Yussuf Over Comments On 2018 Guber Poll, Says He’s An Attention Seeker
- How Ovie Omo-Agege Was Sent To Rig Me Out Of Osun Guber Race In 2018 – Lasun Yusuff
- APC Didn’t Win 2018 Guber Election In Osun – Lasun Yussuf Alleges, Says Nobody Can Stop His 2022 Gov Ambition
News4 days ago
Olufon Stool: Why Odunolu Ruling House Cannot Produce The New King – Oluyeyin Ruling House
News4 days ago
Tragedy As FEDPOFFA Lecturer Slumps, Dies
News3 days ago
Akure North/South By-Election: Group Seeks Support For Adesida’s Reps Ambition
Opinion4 days ago
Tribute To Mr Ayatu Momoh