Alhaja Sidikat Yekini aged mother of late Super Eagles striker, Rashidi Yekini now sells bread to survive in Ira Town in Kwara State of Nigeria, four years after the death of his son.
SRSport.com gathered from a source in Kwara State who revealed that life has been pretty difficult for the Yekini’s family since the passing of the former African football king. It was also gathered that Alhaja Sidikat cried out for help few months ago, after revealing that ‘life has been difficult for her’ since the passing of her son.
“My son has served this country, and I want the government and other people to come to our aid because It would not be good for me to die in this situation,” she pleaded.
Yekini scored 37 goals in 58 appearances for the Super Eagles and died in May 2012 at the age of 48. He remains the highest goal scorer for the Super Eagles with 37 goals and represented Nigeria in five major tournaments, including two FIFA World Cup competitions in USA ‘94 and France ‘98 respectively.
Dillivry [Advert Banner]
- Ogun 2023 And The Man, Otegbeye With Uncontroversial Certification
- Gunmen Kidnap Six People In Kwara, Four Rescued By Police
- IBB @ 81: Journalists Must Shun Politicians Who Preach Hate Speech, Disunity – Babangida
- ASUU: LAUTECH Debunks Rumored Resumption
- Osun LG Election: Don’t Allow Yourself To Be Used As Tool Of Illegality- PDP Advises OSIEC
News5 days ago
Osun: Producer Of Popular Local Balm ‘Ero Arike’ Kidnapped, Rescued By Police
News4 days ago
2023: Osun TSO Holds Strategic Meeting, Implores All To Work For Asiwaju’s Victory
News4 days ago
Osun-Osogbo Festival: Devotees Defy Govt Warning, Drink ‘Healing Water’ From River
News2 days ago
Five Famous Countries Where Women Marry Multiple Husbands