A magistrate court sitting in Osogbo, Osun state, has ordered a 37-year-old commercial bus driver, Abiodun John to be remanded in prison custody for allegedly killing a passenger and attempting to bury him in the bush.
John allegedly killed a passenger, Yemi Kehinde, along Ile-Ife- Ibadan Expressway.
The plea of the accused person who was charged on a three-count charge of conspiracy, murder and theft, was not taken because the magistrate lacks the jurisdiction to entertain the matter.
Police prosecutor, Inspector John Idoko told the court that the accused conspired with his conductor now at large to kill the deceased in order to cart away his planks.
Idoko said: “The accused was apprehended while trying to bury the deceased. It took the intervention of motorists and pedestrians to apprehend the accused before the arrival of the police.’’
He said that the offences contravened Sections 319(1), 324, 383 (1) and 390 (9) of the Criminal Code, Laws of Osun, 2003.
The Magistrate, Mr Olusola Aluko, adjourned the case till February 16, 2016 for mention.
Dillivry [Advert Banner]
- Gory Details Of Climate Change: A Blessing Turned To A Curse And The Call For Urgent Action By Yakubu Adekunle Alli
- Car Dealer Remanded In Prison Over alleged Fraud Of N13.3M In Osun
- Kogi Poly Goes Gaga, Rusticates 171 Students Over Academic Ineptness
- 2023: Sharada Dumps APC, Emerges As Kano ADP Guber Candidate
- NACETEM To Hold Dissemination Workshop On Design And Impact Of An Apprenticeship-based Entrepreneurship Intervention In Nigeria