Reactions had been trailing the first Media Chat of President Muhammadu Buhari for the past few days, but the reaction of the advocacy group for the release of the abducted Chibok girls, the Bring Back Our Girls Group (BBOG) to the media chat is somehow shocking.
The BBOG reaction to the President’s media chat is a march to the Presidential Villa at the Aso Rock, Abuja.
According to the leader of the group, Dr. Oby Ezekwesili, who is a former Minister of Education, said that the BBOG would be matching to the Presidential Villa in Aso Rock, Abuja on January 14 to continue her demand for the release of the Chibok girls.
Ezekwesili made the disclosure at the group’s daily sit-out in Abuja on Wednesday, saying that they needed to remind President Buhari of his promise he made in the Villa during their meeting with him and also during his inauguration.
The BBOG leader said: “The need for the march is born out of the recent remarks made by President Buhari during his media chat that the Nigerian government has no credible intelligence about the Chibok girls.
“After our meeting with the President, we had promised not to disperse but continue to meet until the girls are back.
“But the feedback we got from the government, did not encourage us. It kept saying that there was no credible intelligence about the girls.
“On January 14, 2016, we will walk all the way to the Villa and we will remind the president of the promise he made in the Villa during our meeting with him and also during his inauguration and every time he spoke about our Chibok girls.
“We will remind him that if there is anybody that will be uncomfortable that the girls are not yet rescued, it should be him.”
Dillivry [Advert Banner]
- Gory Details Of Climate Change: A Blessing Turned To A Curse And The Call For Urgent Action By Yakubu Adekunle Alli
- Car Dealer Remanded In Prison Over alleged Fraud Of N13.3M In Osun
- Kogi Poly Goes Gaga, Rusticates 171 Students Over Academic Ineptness
- 2023: Sharada Dumps APC, Emerges As Kano ADP Guber Candidate
- NACETEM To Hold Dissemination Workshop On Design And Impact Of An Apprenticeship-based Entrepreneurship Intervention In Nigeria