The Senate Unity Forum, has asked Dr. Bukola Saraki to resign as the Senate President of Nigeria.
This follows Friday’s Supreme Court judgement on the trial of the Senate President at the Code of Conduct Tribunal. The apex court declared that Saraki’s CCT trial is proper and in order.
The Code of Conduct Bureau had leveled a 13-count criminal charge against the former Kwara State Governor before the Code of Conduct Tribunal (CCT) over alleged false declaration of assets
The pro-Ahmed Lawan group during the Senate presidential election in June last year, had said the senate president is not morally fit to lead the senate following his trial at the Code of Conduct.
The anti-Saraki senators demanded the immediate resignation of Senate President so that he could concentrate on his trial at the CCT.
- Transborder Drug Trafficker Arrested With ‘N1bn Worth Of Cocaine’ In Sokoto
- Abductions: Buhari Should Tell Nigerians If Criminals Have Taken Over – CAN
- Non-Career Ambassador: Osun Monarch, Olowu Eulogizes Buratai For His Patriotism
- 2020/21 Admissions: JAMB, Institutions Set June 15 Deadline
- Like Zamfara, Yobe Shuts All Boarding School
News4 days ago
Residents Cry For Help As Suspected Hoodlums Take Over Osogbo Streets, Shoot At Night
News2 days ago
Murder Convict, Rev King Gets 17 Pages Of ThisDay Birthday Advert While On Death Row
Politics4 days ago
Omisore’s Defection To APC Welcome Development – Osun APC Igbimo Agba
News2 days ago
BREAKING: Bandits Kill 35 In Fresh Attack On Zamfara Community