The senate president, Bukola Saraki, has expressed disappointment with Friday’s Supreme Court judgment, which ruled that he should face corruption trial at the Code of Conduct Tribunal.
The Federal Government accuses Mr. Saraki of false asset declaration, and had slammed a 13-count charge on him.
Mr. Saraki says the charges are politically motivated. On Friday, the Supreme Court dismissed his objections to the trial, ending the senate president’s legal contest.
In his reaction, Mr. Saraki said he was “disappointed” with the ruling.
He said the matter before the court was not the substantial case of corruption allegation against him, but some preliminary matters.
Mr. Saraki however said he would have his day at the tribunal to prove his innocence.
Read the full statement signed by Mr. Saraki’s media aide, Yusuph Olaniyonu.
After listening to the ruling of the Supreme Court in the appeal he filed to challenge the process of arraigning him before the Code of Conduct Tribunal, Senate President, Dr. Abubakar Bukola Saraki hereby states as follows:
- He expresses disappointment over the Judgment of the apex court in the country on the six grounds of his appeal.
- He however will like to put it on record that the facts of the substantial matter are not before the Supreme Court since the apex court was only invited to rule on some preliminary issues in the process of commencing the trial.
- The Senate President believes he will have his day in the court to prove his innocence of the charges preferred against him during the trial proper.
- Dr. Saraki will like to thank everyone who has expressed support for him from the beginning of the case. He assures everyone that at the end of the day truth will prevail and justice will be served.
Dillivry [Advert Banner]
- Gory Details Of Climate Change: A Blessing Turned To A Curse And The Call For Urgent Action By Yakubu Adekunle Alli
- Car Dealer Remanded In Prison Over alleged Fraud Of N13.3M In Osun
- Kogi Poly Goes Gaga, Rusticates 171 Students Over Academic Ineptness
- 2023: Sharada Dumps APC, Emerges As Kano ADP Guber Candidate
- NACETEM To Hold Dissemination Workshop On Design And Impact Of An Apprenticeship-based Entrepreneurship Intervention In Nigeria