The senate president, Bukola Saraki, has expressed disappointment with Friday’s Supreme Court judgment, which ruled that he should face corruption trial at the Code of Conduct Tribunal.
The Federal Government accuses Mr. Saraki of false asset declaration, and had slammed a 13-count charge on him.
Mr. Saraki says the charges are politically motivated. On Friday, the Supreme Court dismissed his objections to the trial, ending the senate president’s legal contest.
In his reaction, Mr. Saraki said he was “disappointed” with the ruling.
He said the matter before the court was not the substantial case of corruption allegation against him, but some preliminary matters.
Mr. Saraki however said he would have his day at the tribunal to prove his innocence.
Read the full statement signed by Mr. Saraki’s media aide, Yusuph Olaniyonu.
After listening to the ruling of the Supreme Court in the appeal he filed to challenge the process of arraigning him before the Code of Conduct Tribunal, Senate President, Dr. Abubakar Bukola Saraki hereby states as follows:
- He expresses disappointment over the Judgment of the apex court in the country on the six grounds of his appeal.
- He however will like to put it on record that the facts of the substantial matter are not before the Supreme Court since the apex court was only invited to rule on some preliminary issues in the process of commencing the trial.
- The Senate President believes he will have his day in the court to prove his innocence of the charges preferred against him during the trial proper.
- Dr. Saraki will like to thank everyone who has expressed support for him from the beginning of the case. He assures everyone that at the end of the day truth will prevail and justice will be served.
Get A Reliable POS For Your Business
- NGOs To Organise Children Outreach In Celebration Of Ooni Ogunwusi’s Birthday
- El-Rufai Inaugurates Council To Regulate Religious Preaching In Kaduna
- Shekarau’s APC Faction Elects Danzago As Chairman
- Congress: Former State Secretary, Emeka Beke Emerges Rivers APC Chairman
- Osun APC Congress: Oyetola Sues For Unity, As Delegates Unanimously Return Famodun, Other New Officers
News5 days ago
OAU: Accounting Set 2001 Refurbishes PG Seminar Room, Calls For Conducive Learning Environment
News4 days ago
Bandits Attack Catholic Seminary In Kaduna, Kidnap Students
News3 days ago
Anambra Police Repel Attack From Unknown Gunmen In Ihiala (Photos)
News3 days ago
‘I Was The Saddest Pregnant Woman In The World’ – Uche Ogbodo