The Osun State House of Assembly has said Nigeria may not break out of the cycle of underdevelopment except her leaders and masses become sincere towards development.
The assembly under the leadership of the Speaker, Mr. Najeem Salaam, said Nigerian leaders more than ever before needed to be truthful to themselves in the conduct of governance and political leadership to be able to realise the vision of the nation’s founding fathers.
This was contained in a message issued by the Chairman, Osun State House of Assembly Committee on Information and Strategy, Mr. Olatunbosun Oyintiloye, to felicitate with Nigerians on the occasion of the nation’s 56th independence anniversary.
A copy of the message was made available to our correspondent in Osogbo on Sunday.
The statement read, “Unless we are truthful, open and sincere, unless we probe our thoughts and our ways, it would be tough to break out of the limitations and cycle of underdevelopment.”
The lawmakers identified the need for proper and long-term developmental planning, saying this would serve as a guide for the country to achieve the vision of her founding fathers.
Get A Reliable POS For Your Business
- Osun Assembly Charges OSSIEC On Credible Elections
- Osun: DG Boss Calls For Strict Adherence To Traffic Rules Among Okada Riders
- OSPOLY Fixes Dates For 2021/2022 Post UTME Screening Exercise
- EFCC Displays 51,933 Pages, Showing Content Of Naira Marley’s iPhone
- REPORTER’S DIARY: Arrested, Charged Within An Hour Without Outside Contact.… Clear Example Of How Journalists Disappear In Nigeria
News3 days ago
If Buhari Declares Bandits As Terrorists, Nothing Will Remain In Nigeria — Islamic Cleric, Gumi
News3 days ago
Central Bank Of Nigeria Launches Digital Currency, Puts eNaira Wallet Apps On Google, Apple Stores
News5 days ago
Just In: Gunmen Attack Abolongo Correctional Facility In Oyo, Set Prisoners Free
News2 days ago
Osun Pensioners Lament Unpaid Entitlements, Say We’re Now Beggars