By Segun Adeyemi,Osogbo
A 30 years old man, Mr Adedoyin Tadese has been arraigned before an Osogbo magistrate court two years after allegedly snatching N1.5 million from Mr Akeeb Abiodun in front of the Sterling Bank, Osogbo.
The Police Prosecutor, Inspector Joshua Oladoye told the court that Tadese snatched the money from Akeeb on July 5, 2013 and escaped with the money but he was later apprehended and handed over to the police.
Oladoye informed the court that the suspect could only refund a sum of N100, 000 out of the N1.5 million when he was asked to handover the money to the owner.
According to the prosecutor, the accused person has committed an offence contrary to and punishable under Section 390 (9) of the Criminal Code, Cap 34, Volume 2, Laws of Osun State, 2013.
Tadese who was arraigned before Magistrate Olusola Aluko on a count charge of stealing, pleaded not guilty to the charge.
Abiodun, the owner of the money, who was also in court pleaded with the magistrate to assist him in getting his money back from the suspect.
The magistrate assured the complainant that the court would assist him to get his money, just as he asked the suspect when and how he would refund the money.
Tadese in response, promised to pay N200,000 on April 8, 2016 as first installment and then pay the rest of the money gradually as time goes on.
Magistrate Aluko reprimanded the accused and warned him to ensure that he repay the money without further delay. He then adjourned the matter to April 8, 2016 for further hearing
Dillivry [Advert Banner]
- Gory Details Of Climate Change: A Blessing Turned To A Curse And The Call For Urgent Action By Yakubu Adekunle Alli
- Car Dealer Remanded In Prison Over alleged Fraud Of N13.3M In Osun
- Kogi Poly Goes Gaga, Rusticates 171 Students Over Academic Ineptness
- 2023: Sharada Dumps APC, Emerges As Kano ADP Guber Candidate
- NACETEM To Hold Dissemination Workshop On Design And Impact Of An Apprenticeship-based Entrepreneurship Intervention In Nigeria