The Spokesperson of the Nigerian Police, Bisi Kolawole, said the abducted 13-year-old, Ese Oruru, is currently in police custody and in the Gender and Child Care Protection Unit.
The Force PRO added that Ese is undergoing medical and psychological check-up after which she will be reunited with her parents today.
The Force PRO in a short speech read to the media also said an in-house investigation has been launched by the Inspector General of Police to vet the involvement of the Nigerian Police during the abduction period.
She said the abductor, Yunusa Dahiru, who is in police custody, and all other actors in the abduction will be brought to justice.
Ese’s mother, Rose Oruru, also at the briefing expressed her joy at the reunion with her daughter.
Both Ese and her mother, are billed to meet with the Inspector General of Police, Solomon Arase, today.
They are billed for a 5PM flight from Abuja to Port Harcourt, en route Bayelsa State.
- Transborder Drug Trafficker Arrested With ‘N1bn Worth Of Cocaine’ In Sokoto
- Abductions: Buhari Should Tell Nigerians If Criminals Have Taken Over – CAN
- Non-Career Ambassador: Osun Monarch, Olowu Eulogizes Buratai For His Patriotism
- 2020/21 Admissions: JAMB, Institutions Set June 15 Deadline
- Like Zamfara, Yobe Shuts All Boarding School
News4 days ago
Residents Cry For Help As Suspected Hoodlums Take Over Osogbo Streets, Shoot At Night
News2 days ago
Murder Convict, Rev King Gets 17 Pages Of ThisDay Birthday Advert While On Death Row
News2 days ago
BREAKING: Bandits Kill 35 In Fresh Attack On Zamfara Community
Politics4 days ago
Omisore’s Defection To APC Welcome Development – Osun APC Igbimo Agba