By Segun Adeyemi, Osogbo
A 26-year old furniture maker, Ismaila Alani has been sentenced to three months imprisonment by an Osogbo magistrate court for stealing N250 (two hundred and fifty naira only).
Alani, who was arraigned before a magistrate court in Osogbo, on Tuesday, pleaded guilty to a two-count charge of stealing and breach of public peace leveled against him by the police prosecutor, Inspector, Elisha Olusegun.
According to Olusegun, Alani snatched the purse of one Mrs Sanusi Odunola and stole the money in it, which was N250.
Olusegun added that Alani create a scene and caused public disturbance when he snatched the purse from the woman.
The prosecutor said that Alani had committed offence contrary to and punishable under Section 390 (9) of the Criminal Code, Cap. 34, Vol. II, Laws of Osun State of Nigeria.
Wearing a remorseful look, Alani prostrated in the court and pleaded for mercy in an emotion laden voice, vowing that he would never go back to such criminal act again.
Delivering his judgment, Magistrate Olusola Aluko convicted Alani as charged and sentenced him to three months imprisonment with N2, 500 fine.
Alani was taken to Ilesa prison when he could not afford to pay the N2, 500 fine, and there was nobody to help.
Dillivry [Advert Banner]
- Gory Details Of Climate Change: A Blessing Turned To A Curse And The Call For Urgent Action By Yakubu Adekunle Alli
- Car Dealer Remanded In Prison Over alleged Fraud Of N13.3M In Osun
- Kogi Poly Goes Gaga, Rusticates 171 Students Over Academic Ineptness
- 2023: Sharada Dumps APC, Emerges As Kano ADP Guber Candidate
- NACETEM To Hold Dissemination Workshop On Design And Impact Of An Apprenticeship-based Entrepreneurship Intervention In Nigeria