By Fatai Akanji
For stealing a motorcycle, a 37 years old man, Mathew Adebisi has been sentenced to two years imprisonment by an Osogbo magistrate court, on Tuesday.
Adebisi stole a Bajaj Boxer motorcycle with registration number GNN 257 QJ Osun, which belongs to one Kazeem Adepoju.
The convict said that he was guilty of the crime when the charge sheet was read to him in the dock.
Police Prosecutor, Inspector Elisha Olusegun told the court that Adebisi was arrested on January 15, 2016 around Asubiaro, Osogbo.
Adebisi who had no lawyer pleaded with the court to temper justice with mercy on him, vowing that he would turn a new leaf henceforth.
Presiding magistrate, Mr Olusola Aluko convicted the accused person and subsequently sentenced him to two years jail term.
Aluko, however, provided an option of N10, 000 fine on the sentence.
Dillivry [Advert Banner]
- Police Launch Manhunt For Woman Who Stole 8-Day-Old Twin Baby From Hospital
- Osun Guber: We’re In Court To Deepen Our Democratic Values- Oyetola’s Aide
- NIGERIA@62: Cast Votes In Defence Of Good Governance In 2023, Makinde Tasks Nigerians
- Black Sunday: 7 People, Child, Die As Commercial Bus Catches Fire in Lagos
- Stop Expensive Burials, Help Those Alive – Fr. Gopep To Christian
Crime3 days ago
Police Arrest Late MKO Abiola’s Ex-Wife For Assaulting Policewoman
News3 days ago
Calabar Lawyer In Coma Days After Wife Died In Car Clash While Chasing Him and Sidechic
Health2 days ago
Details Of Female Lawyer Who Died Chasing Her Husband’s Side Chick Emerged As Side Chick Deactivates Social Media Accouts
Crime3 days ago
Police Arraign 2 Over Alleged Vandalization Of Transformer In Osun