The Taraba State Governorship Election Petition Tribunal sitting in Abuja has declared the All Progressive Congress (APC) candidate, Mrs Aisha Jummai Al-Hassan, winner of the April 11 gubernatorial election in the state.
The tribunal headed by Justice Musa Danladi Abubakar, sacked Darius Ishaku, the Peoples’ Democratic Party (PDP), candidate, and ordered that the APC candidate, Mrs Al-Hassan, recently appointed minister by President Muhammadu Buhari, be sworn into office.
Mrs. Al-Hassan, a former senator and a lawyer by training will be Nigeria’s first female governor if Mr. Ishaku fails to challenge the ruling, or loses the appeal.
Aisha Jummai Al-Hassan is a Fulani, was the first female to be appointed as Taraba State Attorney General and Commissioner of Justice.
She was also the first woman to be appointed as Secretary FCT judicial council and later appointed the Chief Registrar of the High Court of the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja.
- Transborder Drug Trafficker Arrested With ‘N1bn Worth Of Cocaine’ In Sokoto
- Abductions: Buhari Should Tell Nigerians If Criminals Have Taken Over – CAN
- Non-Career Ambassador: Osun Monarch, Olowu Eulogizes Buratai For His Patriotism
- 2020/21 Admissions: JAMB, Institutions Set June 15 Deadline
- Like Zamfara, Yobe Shuts All Boarding School
News5 days ago
Residents Cry For Help As Suspected Hoodlums Take Over Osogbo Streets, Shoot At Night
News3 days ago
Murder Convict, Rev King Gets 17 Pages Of ThisDay Birthday Advert While On Death Row
Politics4 days ago
Omisore’s Defection To APC Welcome Development – Osun APC Igbimo Agba
News2 days ago
BREAKING: Bandits Kill 35 In Fresh Attack On Zamfara Community