The tribunal sitting in Umuahia on Abia State governorship election petitions, has today Tuesday, upheld the victory of Governor Okezie Ikpeazu in the April 11 gubernatorial election in the state.
Ikpeazu, who represented the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in the election, defeated the All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA) candidate, Alex Otti, whose petition was dismissed by the tribunal.
In a judgment that lasted for two hours, the chairman of the three- man panel, Justice Usman Bwala, said the APGA candidate failed to prove allegations of criminality and over voting in three local government areas beyond reasonable doubt.
- Jalingo Advocates Improved Funding Of Correctional Centres In Nigeria
- Omisore’s Defection To APC Welcome Development – Osun APC Igbimo Agba
- Residents Cry For Help As Suspected Hoodlums Take Over Osogbo Streets, Shoot At Night
- Osun NUJ Chairman, Wasiu Ajadosu Loses Mother
- 50th Birthday: Osun NUJ Secretary To Launch Book Tomorrow
Crime2 days ago
Court Sentences Prince Oyinlola To Jail In Osun
News3 days ago
BREAKING: Imo: Police Detain Former Governor, Rochas Okorocha
News5 days ago
US Reveals How Hushpuppi Laundered Funds For North Korean Bank Hackers
News4 days ago
EFCC Acting Chairman Promoted To Level 14 Ahead Of Senate Screening