The tribunal sitting in Umuahia on Abia State governorship election petitions, has today Tuesday, upheld the victory of Governor Okezie Ikpeazu in the April 11 gubernatorial election in the state.
Ikpeazu, who represented the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in the election, defeated the All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA) candidate, Alex Otti, whose petition was dismissed by the tribunal.
In a judgment that lasted for two hours, the chairman of the three- man panel, Justice Usman Bwala, said the APGA candidate failed to prove allegations of criminality and over voting in three local government areas beyond reasonable doubt.
Dillivry [Advert Banner]
- Kaduna: NDLEA Wages War Against Drug Traffickers, 121 Arrested, 13 Joints Sealed
- PDP Drags APC, INEC, Omo-Agege, Others To Court
- Tragedy As Hunter’s Son Shoots Brother Dead While Testing Bulletproof Charm Acquired by Their Father
- What God Told Me About 2023 General Election – Fr. Mbake Reveals Vision
- Don’t judge me, mother who ‘Dumped’ Baby On Street Says In Note
News5 days ago
Osun LG Election: Otan-Ile APC Members Protest Imposition Of Chairmanship Candidate By Party Leadership
News4 days ago
Breaking: Supreme Court Affirms Osun Gov-elect, Adeleke As PDP Candidate
News3 days ago
I Wish You Best In Your Adminstration, Babayemi Congratulates Adeleke
News5 days ago
Adeleke Vs Babayemi: Osun Residents Assured Of Safety As Supreme Court Delivers Judgement Today