Terrorists ts have abducted the district head of Kwangami village, Muhammad Galadima, and six others in the Zurmi Local Government Area of Zamfara State.
An indigene, Dahiru Amadu, told PUNCH Metro that the victims were abducted by heavily armed terrorists on Monday.
Amadu said there was pandemonium in the village as residents tried to escape the attack, adding that several people were injured.
He stated that the district head and the six other persons were picked up in their houses and taken to the bandits’ camp.
“We are currently living in fear because the bandits are always around us abducting our people and asking for ransom.
“Just recently, they abducted 10 of our people on their farmlands who are still in captivity because we cannot pay the ransom,” he added.
The state Police Public Relations Officer, SP Mohammed Shehu, could not be reached for comment.
Meanwhile, the six residents of Kazauda village, Gusau LGA who were abducted a few days ago, have been released by the bandits following the payment of N4m ransom. Punch online report.
- JUST IN: Buhari Off To Guinea-Bissau
- “What Happened To Kunle Remi?” – Fans React As Popular Actress Bimbo Ademoye Reportedly Engaged To VJ Adams
- BREAKING: Spain-Born Hakimi Sends Morocco To World Cup Quarter-Finals
- 2023: ‘Vote APC Or We Deal With You’ –Powerful Lawmaker Threatens Constituents
- Court Remands Suspected Cultist For Attempting To Kill Policemen In Osun
Entertainment4 days ago
19 Youths To Receive Award At 7th Osun Youth Ambassador Award On Sunday
News3 days ago
How Wall Gecko Allegedly Wipes Out Family Of Six In Ogun
News4 days ago
Appeal Court Affirms Oyetola As APC Candidates In July 16 Guber Polls
News5 days ago
Police Arrest Four Secondary School Students Over Classroom Romance