Germany recorded 79,263 cases of current winter flu wave with 130 people deaths, Germany’s federal disease control agency reported on Thursday.
“The current winter flu wave hitting Germany has resulted in a total of 79,263 cases confirmed in laboratory testing since the autumn, around a half of them in the past two weeks,’’ it said.
According to the report from the Robert Koch Institute in Berlin, 130 people have died resulting from an infection with the flu virus this season.
A total of almost 13,300 have been hospitalised.
The institute noted that the reported cases were only part of the picture.
In the serious flu wave in the 2017-18 winter, 10 million patients attended their family doctors, the institute said.
Creches, hospitals and schools were prime spreaders of infection, it said.
- Police Arrest School Proprietor In Osun For Circulating Fake Reopening Date
- Kwara COV-2 Test Centre Operational Soon
- Plateau Baptist Conference Youths Gets New Leaders
- NCPC Chairmanship: Faith Based Aids Awareness Initiative Congratulates Yakubu Pam
- COVID-19: NAPPS Begins Massive Fumigation of Private Schools Ahead Resumption in Ondo
News2 days ago
Osun LGA To Drag Council Chairman Before EFCC Over N18m Land Fund, I Did Not Sell Any Land, Alleged Chairman Says
News2 days ago
Breaking: Kwara State Chief Of Staff, Aminu Issa Logun Is Dead
News3 days ago
I Was A Member Of The Pyrates Confraternity In UNIBEN But I Did Not Pour Acid On A Student – Osagie Ize-Iyamu
Crime5 days ago
Kaduna Pastor Joseph Alhassan Arrested For Allegedly Raping Minor 5 Years