Germany recorded 79,263 cases of current winter flu wave with 130 people deaths, Germany’s federal disease control agency reported on Thursday.
“The current winter flu wave hitting Germany has resulted in a total of 79,263 cases confirmed in laboratory testing since the autumn, around a half of them in the past two weeks,’’ it said.
According to the report from the Robert Koch Institute in Berlin, 130 people have died resulting from an infection with the flu virus this season.
A total of almost 13,300 have been hospitalised.
The institute noted that the reported cases were only part of the picture.
In the serious flu wave in the 2017-18 winter, 10 million patients attended their family doctors, the institute said.
Creches, hospitals and schools were prime spreaders of infection, it said.
- Osun LG Commissioner Hails Governor’s Wife On 60th Birthday
- COVID-19 As Shield Against Breach Of Contract: Force Majeure Or Frustration
- Alhaja Kafayat Oyetola: A Courageous Wife And An Ideal Mother – Ige
- Osun Chief Whip Congratulates Mrs Oyetola On Her 60th Birthday
- Breaking: Osun Govt Confirms Six New Cases Of Covid-19
News5 days ago
Oyetola Announces Total Lockdown Of Osun As State Records Second Cases Of Covid-19
News4 days ago
Read Osun Legal Framework For The Enforcements Of Restraints To Curb Spread Of Covid-19
News3 days ago
FG Warns Against Restriction Of Movement In Other States except Ogun, Lagos, FCT
News3 days ago
Lagos Coronavirus Survivor Breaks Silence: My Ordeal, How I Conquered