By Niyi Olutunde, Akure
It was black weekend in Akure, Ondo state capital today when 19 passengers were burnt to death beyond recognition in a fatal accident that occurred on Akure-Owo Highway.
It was gathered that the accident occurred when a bus had an head-on collision with a truck and the two vehicles also burnt to the ashes.
CityMirrorNews Correspondent findings revealed that the truck’s driver was trying to dodge a pothole when he crushed the bus.
Confirming the saddening incident, the Ondo state Police Public Relations Officers, Mr Femi Joseph said bodies of the victims of the accident that occurred early in this morning at Obaile axis of the road, had been deposited at mortuary of the state Hospital, Akure.
Joseph, confirmed the accident and said the driver and motor boy of the truck did not die in the accident. He said they ran away after the crash.
“It was a case of a head-on collision when the truck wanted to avoid a pothole on the road. The driver and the motor boy of the truck survived the accident but we are yet to know their whereabouts,” Joseph stated.
As at the time filing this report, the identities and whereabouts of the victims are yet to know.
- Former Ondo Works Commissioner, Commiserates With Gov. Akeredolu Over Health Commissioner’s Death
- Pump Price Increase is a Display of APC Govt Insensitivity – NNPP
- ‘I’ll Name My Prince Adesoji Aderemi”, Ooni Ogunwusi Vows As Family Celebrates 49th Ooni
- How I Lure And Kill Victims In My Compound – Nigerian Serial Killer, Ndubuisi Makes Shocking Confession
- Ondo 2020: NRM Aspirant, Ataunoko Picks Governorship Nomination Form