Famous Nigerian singer, songwriter and instrumentalist, Harrison Tare Okiri, better known by his stage name, Harrysong, has been arrested and detained by the Lagos State Police Command.
The singer was arrested on Tuesday, at the Lagos Airport, immediately after landing in Nigeria. Following a petition sent to the Inspector General of Police IGP, Usman Baba-Alkali, by Nigerian music producer and artist manager, Soso Soberekon.
Harrysong had earlier in a recent interview alleged that Soso was his enemy and wanted him killed in Port Harcourt.
Responding to the allegation, Soberekon on his Instagram page slammed Harrysong with a lawsuit. And demanded a retraction of the statement, an apology and N500,000,000 in compensation.
Speaking further, Soberekon said, “As a matter of fact, I always mind my business, stay in my lane and put smiles on people’s faces. It is very disappointing that Harrysong will make such a false, reckless and defamatory statement.”
Confirming the incident, the Police Public Relations Officer simply said Harrysong is currently in our custody.
- Okowa, Wike, Ortom Challenge Buhari To Name Governors Stealing LG Funds
- “Baba Don Receive Salary” – Reactions As Nigerian Lecturer Causes Commotion In Class As He Dances To Kizz Daniel Music
- 70-Year-Old Man Arrested For Raping 13-Yr-Old Girl In Zamfara
- Iree Ruling Houses Condemn Attack On Palace
- Appeal Court Affirms Oyetola As APC Candidates In July 16 Guber Polls
Education5 days ago
HND Holders To Be Employed As Assistant Lecturers In Polytechnics, Monotechnics – NBTE
News2 days ago
Igbajo Royal Families Hail Gov. Adeleke’s Suspension Of Famodun As Owa Of Igbajo
News4 days ago
Olona Of Ada, Oba Oyetunde Installs Obafemi Okediya As Otunba Atobase Of Ada
News5 days ago
JUST IN : Adeleke Shuts Akinrun, Aree, Owa Palaces Orders Security To Take Charge