Nigerian music superstar, David Adeleke, also known as Davido has donated to charity all the N200million he received from fans and friends.
For good measure, he added N50million of his own, to make the total charity donation to N250 million.
All the money, he said will go to orphanages across Nigeria.
The singer made this known in a statement dated Friday, 19th of November 2021, and released on Saturday, November 20, 2021.
The singer had jokingly solicited for funds on his social media pages, saying that anyone who has listened to his hit song should send him cash, after which he posted his account details online.
”If u know I’ve given you a hit song .. send me money …. una know una selves oo”, the DMW boss tweeted.
He has constituted a five-person committee to oversee the distribution of the money.
The singer also revealed that he intends to do a fundraising every year to celebrate his birthday and give back the donation to the poor.
His 29th birthday is due tomorrow 21 November. He is celebrating it in Dubai.
Davido shared a copy of the statement via Twitter and wrote;
- How Ovie Omo-Agege Was Sent To Rig Me Out Of Osun Guber Race In 2018 – Lasun Yusuff
- APC Didn’t Win 2018 Guber Election In Osun – Lasun Yussuf Alleges, Says Nobody Can Stop His 2022 Gov Ambition
- ‘APC Did Not Win 2018 Governorship Election In Osun’ – Gov aspirant, Lasun Yusuf
- APC Elders Caucus Member, Lasun Yusuf Confirms 2018 Rigging In Favour Of The Party
- Akin Ogunbiyi Bags OAU Distinguished Alumnus Award
News5 days ago
How Ife LG Workers Buried OAU MBA Student On Police Directive – Lawyer
News4 days ago
Olufon Stool: Why Odunolu Ruling House Cannot Produce The New King – Oluyeyin Ruling House
News4 days ago
Tragedy As FEDPOFFA Lecturer Slumps, Dies
News3 days ago
Akure North/South By-Election: Group Seeks Support For Adesida’s Reps Ambition