The Minister of Education, Adamu Adamu, has urged the next leadership of the country to ensure that the Federal Ministry of Education has three ministers, instead of two.
Adamu, who stated this at the ongoing 66th National Council on Education (NEC) meeting in Abuja yesterday, also called for the establishment of two Ministries of education-ministry of basic education and ministry of higher education.
He similarly, called for the establishment of Federal Ministry of Skill and Entrepreneurship to address the challenges facing the youths.
Currently, the Federal Ministry of Education has two Ministers. The Minister of Education, which is the main one and the Minister of State for Education.
Adamu who addressed the NEC, in his speech said there should be Minister of Basic education and Minister in charge of Higher education to oversee affairs of the two levels of education in the country.
Speaking on the theme: “Strengthening of Security and Safety in Nigerian Schools for the Achievement of Education 2030 Agenda,” Adamu admitted that he failed as a minister as he could not solve the challenges of the sector. Leadership
- 2023: ‘Nigerians Will Buy Rice For N80,000, Diesel For N1500 – Primate Ayodele
- Stay-At-Home: Gunmen Reportedly Kill Policeman, Pawpaw’s Brother, Attack Commissioner In Imo
- JUST IN : Croatia Dump Brazil Out Of World Cup, Qualify For Semi-Final
- Side Chicks Help Men Stay Committed To Their Wives – Relationship Expert, Blessing CEO
- Tension As Bandit Kill 90-Year-Old, Two Others In Fresh Gombe Attack