The Federal Government has invited the Academic Staff Union of Polytechnics (ASUP) to an emergency meeting, following the threat by the union to embark on strike.
The emergency meeting, called at the instance of the Minister of Education, Malam Adamu Adamu, is to hold today at 11:00 a.m. in the ministry’s headquarters in Abuja.
Director, Press and Public Relations, Federal Ministry of Education, Mr Ben Bem Goong, in a statement on Monday, quoted the minister as saying that the meeting was intended to nip the strike in the bud. ASUP has issued a notice of strike over what the union described as the refusal of government to implement some of the agreements it entered into with the union.
- Just In: Customs Busts Pangolin Scales Exporters In Lagos, 3 Suspects Arrested
- Osun House Of Assembly Sets To Pass Grazing Bill Into Law, Itemizes Benefits
- As Floods Ravage Osogbo, PDP Accuses Osun Govt Of Neglecting Critical Infrastructure
- Ward Congress: Osun APC Appreciates Members
- Floods Dislodge Residents, Wreak Havoc In Osogbo
South West News3 days ago
Imesi-Ile History Book launched In Osogbo, Author Says It Took 45 Years To Finish
Entertainment4 days ago
Just In: Nollywood Actress Racheal Oniga Is Dead
News3 days ago
Hijrah Year 1443 Celebration: Osun Muslim Community Urges FG To Redouble Effort In Tackling Insecurity
News2 days ago
Lagos Socialite Laide Oropo Is Dead