The Federal Government has invited the Academic Staff Union of Polytechnics (ASUP) to an emergency meeting, following the threat by the union to embark on strike.
The emergency meeting, called at the instance of the Minister of Education, Malam Adamu Adamu, is to hold today at 11:00 a.m. in the ministry’s headquarters in Abuja.
Director, Press and Public Relations, Federal Ministry of Education, Mr Ben Bem Goong, in a statement on Monday, quoted the minister as saying that the meeting was intended to nip the strike in the bud. ASUP has issued a notice of strike over what the union described as the refusal of government to implement some of the agreements it entered into with the union.
- BREAKING: Abductors Of Afaka Students Demand N500 Million Ransom — Parents
- Hunger, Hardship In ‘Evil Forests’ As Kidnappers, Bandits Demand Foodstuffs As Ransom
- Just In: JUSUN Sets April 19 For Nationwide Peaceful Protest
- Governors, Speakers, Buhari’s Chief Of Staff Meet Over Judiciary Workers’ Strike
- Zamfara Police Arrest Seven Serving Military Officers Involved In Banditry
News4 days ago
Full Lists Of PDP South-West Newly Elected Officers
News5 days ago
PDP Southwest Congress: 10 Suspected Hoodlums Arrested With Guns, Charms In Osogbo
News3 days ago
Opinion Poll: Cape Verde Residents Demand Release Of Venezuelan Diplomat, Alex Saab
News4 days ago
Gunmen Kidnap Soldier, Teacher, Dental Therapist In Ibadan