The State Government of Osun has restated its commitment to prioritize
the Agricultural sector in a bid to making it beneficial to farmers
and the citizenry in general.
The Supervisor, Ministry of Agriculture and Food Security, Dr.Charles Akinola stated this while addressing stakeholders in the Agricultural sector at the Conference Room of the Ministry.
Dr. Akinola explained that, the present administration is set to establish twelve additional farm settlements to widen and increase food production in the state, saying this will assist in improving the economic status of farmers and the people of the state.
He emphasized the need for farmers in the State to join hands with the
state government in its drive to make life more meaningful for them and in order to achieve the desired goals.
While maintaining that, report of each Farm Settlements and the challenges encountered should always be submitted to the government through the Ministry of Agriculture and Food Security he said the report will make it easier for the government to address issues
relating to each farm settlement and the promptness it deserves.
Speaking at the event, the President, Conference of Farmers Settlers
Association, Chief Razak Adedapo pledged that the association is ready to support and cooperate with the government on its new policies on
- Speakership Race: Namdas, Wase, 2 Others Step Down For Gbajabiamila
- Battle for Senate Presidency Toughens As Hard Liners In APC May Ruin Ruling Party’s Chances
- Reasons Why Some People Leave Canada After Receiving Permanent Residency
- Naira Marley: Angry Protesters Storm EFCC Office
- 6 Gay Priests Dismissed In Abia State – See Their Names And Details