A 37-year-old security guard, Michael Pius, who allegedly hit a man’s chest with a stone, was on Tuesday, remanded by a Lagos State High Court at the Tafawa Balewa Square, over alleged murder.
The defendant, who was arraigned on one count of murder, was dragged before Justice Yetunde Adesanya.
It was gathered that the defendant and the deceased, Paul Assigno, were arguing over an issue which degenerated into a scuffle, as Pius stoned the victim to death.
When the case was called for arraignment, the Lagos State prosecutor, Olayemi Shofolu, announced his appearance, while Alexander Oshogba appeared for the defendant.
Shofolu told the court that the incident happened on December 3, 2018, at No. 93, Falolu Street in the Surulere area of Lagos State.
He said Pius killed Assigno by hitting his chest with a stone.
According to the prosecutor, the offence is contrary to Section 223 of the Criminal Law of Lagos State 2015.
However, the defendant pleaded not guilty to the charge.
Following his plea, Shofolu asked the court for a trial date.
Justice Adesanya adjourned the case till January 24 for the commencement of trial and remanded the defendant in prison. Punch
- 2023: ‘Nigerians Will Buy Rice For N80,000, Diesel For N1500 – Primate Ayodele
- Stay-At-Home: Gunmen Reportedly Kill Policeman, Pawpaw’s Brother, Attack Commissioner In Imo
- JUST IN : Croatia Dump Brazil Out Of World Cup, Qualify For Semi-Final
- Side Chicks Help Men Stay Committed To Their Wives – Relationship Expert, Blessing CEO
- Tension As Bandit Kill 90-Year-Old, Two Others In Fresh Gombe Attack