Police Recover Three AK-47s, Locally-Fabricated Gun From Political Party’s Secretariat
The Nigeria police in Sokoto State has revealed that its operatives have raided a political party office in Isa Local Government Area of the state and recovered three AK-47 rifles and a locally fabricated gun, and other dangerous weapons.
This was contained in a press statement signed and issued to newsmen in Gusau, the state capital, by the State Commissioner of Police, Mr Mohammed Usaini Gumel.
However, the commissioner did not mention the political party but said that the political thugs were suspected of having stored the weapons ahead of the 2023 political campaigns.
According to him, the police would not tolerate any form of disobedience of the law, saying that the security agencies have been mandated to ensure that the citizens respect laws and orders for peace.
“Those intending to use 2023 general elections to perpetrate violence and crimes should be desist from such inhuman acts because the command under my watchful eyes would not tolerate bloodletting before, during campaigns or elections in the state,” he said.
- Osun: Owoeye-led 7th Assembly Winds Down With 32 Bills, 38 Resolutions
- Presidential Poll : I Signed Result Sheet For Nasarawa Under Duress – PDP Witness Tells Court
- Drama As Suspect Jumps Through Court Window, Flees After Remand Order
- Subsidy: Judiciary, Health Workers, Others Commence Mobilisation For Strike
- Health Workers Suspend Strike For 21 Days After Meeting Tinubu