Joseph Ojo, 64, has revealed the reason he set his five stepchildren ablaze.
Ojo, who was paraded at the state headquarters of the Nigeria Police in Akure, Ondo State, confessed that his stepchildren used to join their mother to beat him.
The suspect also disclosed that his wife and the stepchildren were in the habit of starving him, despite being the one giving the money for feeding.
According to him, the situation infuriated him, after which he siphoned petrol from his chainsaw (felling machine) and poured it in the children’s room before setting it ablaze.
Ojo had on Saturday set the room where the stepchildren were sleeping on fire at his residence at Fagun, Ondo town, headquarters of Ondo West Local Government.
The Police Public Relations Officer in the State, Funmi Odunlami, disclosed that three of the five children had died due to the injuries sustained in the incident.
Odunlami added that Ojo had kept his twins in another room before carrying out the act.
- 2023: ‘Nigerians Will Buy Rice For N80,000, Diesel For N1500 – Primate Ayodele
- Stay-At-Home: Gunmen Reportedly Kill Policeman, Pawpaw’s Brother, Attack Commissioner In Imo
- JUST IN : Croatia Dump Brazil Out Of World Cup, Qualify For Semi-Final
- Side Chicks Help Men Stay Committed To Their Wives – Relationship Expert, Blessing CEO
- Tension As Bandit Kill 90-Year-Old, Two Others In Fresh Gombe Attack