The Ilorin Zonal Command of the Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) has arrested a 29-year-old Chinese, Gang Deng, for alleged illegal mining in Ilorin.
According to a statement by the Head, Media and Publicity of the commission, Wilson Uwujaren, made available to the News Agency of Nigeria(NAN) in Ilorin on Saturday, Deng was arrested on Friday and found to be in possession of crude minerals without authority.
“A truckload of minerals suspected to be lepidolite was recovered from him.
“The suspect will be charged to court as soon as investigations are concluded,” the commission said.
EFCC arrests Chinese national in Ilorin
Dillivry [Advert Banner]
- Africa Lagging In Global Development Due To Corruption — Buhari
- Tension As Bandits Kill 13 Worshippers During Juma’at Service
- Insecurity Will Soon Be A Thing Of The Past – Buhari
- Olojo Festival: Buhari Advocates Return To Farming, Collective Security Measures
- Just In: Jazz Legend, Pharoah Sanders, Dies At 81
Crime5 days ago
Court Jails Man For Stealing Pumping Machine In Osun
Crime3 days ago
Police Arrest Late MKO Abiola’s Ex-Wife For Assaulting Policewoman
News5 days ago
Gov Oyetola’s Aide, Aremo Reprimands Davido For Calling His Principal ‘Bad Human Being’
News2 days ago
Calabar Lawyer In Coma Days After Wife Died In Car Clash While Chasing Him and Sidechic