The police have arraigned a former worker of Stanbic-IBTC Bank, Ajayi Olusola, before a Federal High Court sitting in Lagos, for allegedly defrauding the bank of the sum of N205m.
The defendant is facing three counts bordering on conspiracy, obtaining by false pretences and unlawful conversation preferred against him by the Police Special Fraud Unit, Ikoyi, Lagos.
The prosecutor, Mr Sylvester Azubuike, told the court that the defendant allegedly committed the fraud alongside one Ayodele Olaogun and Hakeem Abdulhadi, who were at large.
Azubuike said Olusola, who now operates a company, Abel System Services Limited, allegedly committed the fraud between 2015 and 2021, while he was working with the bank.
The former banker and his company were arraigned before Justice Abimbola Awogboro.
The defendant pleaded not guilty to the charges.
Justice Awogboro admitted him to bail in the sum of N50m with two sureties in like sum.
The court adjourned the case till November 10 for commencement of trial. Punch
- Okowa, Wike, Ortom Challenge Buhari To Name Governors Stealing LG Funds
- “Baba Don Receive Salary” – Reactions As Nigerian Lecturer Causes Commotion In Class As He Dances To Kizz Daniel Music
- 70-Year-Old Man Arrested For Raping 13-Yr-Old Girl In Zamfara
- Iree Ruling Houses Condemn Attack On Palace
- Appeal Court Affirms Oyetola As APC Candidates In July 16 Guber Polls
Education5 days ago
HND Holders To Be Employed As Assistant Lecturers In Polytechnics, Monotechnics – NBTE
News2 days ago
Igbajo Royal Families Hail Gov. Adeleke’s Suspension Of Famodun As Owa Of Igbajo
News4 days ago
Olona Of Ada, Oba Oyetunde Installs Obafemi Okediya As Otunba Atobase Of Ada
News5 days ago
JUST IN : Adeleke Shuts Akinrun, Aree, Owa Palaces Orders Security To Take Charge