There is anxiety in Iree, headquarters of Boripe North Local Council Development Area of Osun State, as suspected hoodlums on Thursday evening, set buildings inside the Aree’s palace ablaze.
This reportedly led to the blockage of major roads in the town.
According to The Point Online Some of the aggrieved indigenes set bon fires on roads in protest over the alleged arrest of a traditional chief in the town, the Aogun of Iree, Chief Soliu Atoyebi by security agents.
There had been palpable fear in the town following the appointment and approval of Prince Ponle Ademola as the Aree of Iree by the immediate past administration of Gboyega Oyetola.
Some ruling houses in the town had rejected the selection of Ademola and alleged imposition
- Tinubu/Shettima 2023: Badmus Provides Free Medical Service To Osogbo Residents
- Just In: Protest Rocks Ibadan Over Naira Crisis, Fuel Scarcity
- Atiku Abubakar Is Now Nigeria’s Public Enemy Number One – APC PCC
- New Naira Regime: Stop Inflicting Suffering On Nigerians Because Of Few Politicians, Oluwo Cautions Buhari, Emefiele
- Tinubu’s Presidency Is Non-negotiable – Otunba Yemisi Oladeji
News4 days ago
JUST IN :DSS Arrests Syndicates Selling New Naira Notes, Banks Officials Implicated
News5 days ago
Oyinlola Reacts To Alleged Plan To Sue IGP, Says I Have Moved On With My Life
News5 days ago
2023: Southwest Parliamentarians Vow To Mobilise Millions Of Votes For Tinubu/Shetima
Health5 days ago
Tension As Corpse Disappears From Mortuary, Hospital Reviews CCTV