A 24-year-old businessman, Sodiq Adeosun, was docked on Tuesday before a Federal High Court in Lagos, accused of drug trafficking.
The defendant, according to the charge, filed by the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA), is being tried on one-count of dealing in 179g of cocaine .
Prosecutor, Mr Jeremiah Aernan, alleged that the defendant committed the offence on 30 January.
Aernan alleged that the defendant was arrested in a hotel in Lekki, Lagos, while unlawfully dealing in cocaine weighing 179g.
According to the prosecutor, cocaine is a restricted narcotics similar to heroine, cannabis and others listed in the schedule of the NDLEA as prohibited by Law.
He said that the offence contravened the provisions of Section 11(c) of the NDLEA Act, Cap N30 Laws of the Federation, 2004.
The NDLEA act provides for life imprisonment for any offender.
- Just In: Customs Busts Pangolin Scales Exporters In Lagos, 3 Suspects Arrested
- Osun House Of Assembly Sets To Pass Grazing Bill Into Law, Itemizes Benefits
- As Floods Ravage Osogbo, PDP Accuses Osun Govt Of Neglecting Critical Infrastructure
- Ward Congress: Osun APC Appreciates Members
- Floods Dislodge Residents, Wreak Havoc In Osogbo
South West News3 days ago
Imesi-Ile History Book launched In Osogbo, Author Says It Took 45 Years To Finish
Entertainment5 days ago
Just In: Nollywood Actress Racheal Oniga Is Dead
News2 days ago
Lagos Socialite Laide Oropo Is Dead
News3 days ago
Hijrah Year 1443 Celebration: Osun Muslim Community Urges FG To Redouble Effort In Tackling Insecurity