By Oluwafemi Taiwo
An Osun State Magistrate’s Court sitting in Osogbo on Thursday ordered the remand of two persons , Edeani Jasper , 31, and Fatipe Tolulope, 25, in Ile-Ife Correctional Centre for alleged fraud of N18 million.
The duo however pleaded not guilty to a four -count charge .
The Police Prosecutor, Insp. Elisa Olusegun, had told the court that the defendant committed the offense on Feb. 7 within Osogbo metropolis .
Olayiwola said the defendant conspired between themselves to defraud Emmanuel Davis to the tune of N18, million with intent to buy 25 cars for him from the United State of America.
The Defense Counsel, Mr Dayo Awoyemi prayed the court to grant his client bail in the most liberal terms.
The Magistrate, Mr Isola Omisade, ordered the defendants to be remanded in prison custody due to the magnitude of the offence being committed.
Omisade however, adjourned the case till Feb.25 for consideration on the bail application by the Defense Counsel .
- Breaking : Prominent Nigerian Monarch, Ooni Of Ife Launches COVID 19 Drugs
- Oyo COVID-19 Deaths Now 110
- Fadama N-Cares To Engage 22,000 Farmers In Ondo For Increase Of Food Security
- Block Leakages And Improve Our Revenue – Governor Oyetola Tells Revenue Board
- Osun: Oba Arowotawaya Lights Up Erinmo Through Yeye Gbobaniyi
Crime3 days ago
Court Sentences Prince Oyinlola To Jail In Osun
News4 days ago
BREAKING: Imo: Police Detain Former Governor, Rochas Okorocha
News2 days ago
ASUSS Lauds FG For Resisting Deregistration Plot Against Union
News3 days ago
Fulani Herdsmen Attack Ex-President Jonathan’s Community, Inflict Injuries On Man, Son