A Fulani warlord arrested for alleged kidnapping has been remanded in prison after being charged.
A court in Oyo state has remanded an alleged notorious Fulani warlord Abdullahi Wakili in prison.
The 70-year-old man will be held in a correctional facility.
The order was given by an Iyaganku Chief Magistrate Court sitting in Ibadan, Oyo State, on Tuesday.
The police charged Wakili alongside his sons Abu, 45; and Samaila, 27; as well as Aliyu Manu, 20; with six counts bordering on conspiracy, murder, kidnapping and armed robbery.
The Chief Magistrate, Emmanuel Idowu, who did not take plea of the suspects for want in jurisdiction, remanded them in Abolongo Correctional facility in Oyo State.
Idowu ordered the police to return the case file to the Oyo State Directorate of Public Prosecution.
He adjourned the matter untill May 17, for mention.
- Just In: Customs Busts Pangolin Scales Exporters In Lagos, 3 Suspects Arrested
- Osun House Of Assembly Sets To Pass Grazing Bill Into Law, Itemizes Benefits
- As Floods Ravage Osogbo, PDP Accuses Osun Govt Of Neglecting Critical Infrastructure
- Ward Congress: Osun APC Appreciates Members
- Floods Dislodge Residents, Wreak Havoc In Osogbo
South West News3 days ago
Imesi-Ile History Book launched In Osogbo, Author Says It Took 45 Years To Finish
Entertainment5 days ago
Just In: Nollywood Actress Racheal Oniga Is Dead
News3 days ago
Hijrah Year 1443 Celebration: Osun Muslim Community Urges FG To Redouble Effort In Tackling Insecurity
News2 days ago
Lagos Socialite Laide Oropo Is Dead