A Fulani warlord arrested for alleged kidnapping has been remanded in prison after being charged.
A court in Oyo state has remanded an alleged notorious Fulani warlord Abdullahi Wakili in prison.
The 70-year-old man will be held in a correctional facility.
The order was given by an Iyaganku Chief Magistrate Court sitting in Ibadan, Oyo State, on Tuesday.
The police charged Wakili alongside his sons Abu, 45; and Samaila, 27; as well as Aliyu Manu, 20; with six counts bordering on conspiracy, murder, kidnapping and armed robbery.
The Chief Magistrate, Emmanuel Idowu, who did not take plea of the suspects for want in jurisdiction, remanded them in Abolongo Correctional facility in Oyo State.
Idowu ordered the police to return the case file to the Oyo State Directorate of Public Prosecution.
He adjourned the matter untill May 17, for mention.
- Ramadan: UniJos Muslim Staff To Close 3
- Management Counts Loses As Rainstorm Wrecks Havock On OSPOLY
- Pray Nigeria Surmounts Challenges During Ramadan, Osun Cleric Urges Muslims
- We’re committed to create more jobs for Ondo youths through Agric business—Klick Konnect
- Odua Nation: Osun Distances State From Secession Call, Suspends three principals
News3 days ago
GAFDAN Demands Return Of Sarkin Fulani To Oyo
News5 days ago
Surulere LGA Councillors Suspend Chairman Over Alleged Financial Misappropriation
News2 days ago
Full Lists Of PDP South-West Newly Elected Officers
News3 days ago
PDP Southwest Congress: 10 Suspected Hoodlums Arrested With Guns, Charms In Osogbo