The Police Command in Edo has arrested a middle-aged man who allegedly beat his wife to death for denying him sex.
The spokesman of the command, SP Bello Kontongs said on Wednesday in Benin that the incident occurred on June 27, at No. 1, Ogiedegue Street, off Ason Bus Stop, Evbuotubu area of Benin.
He said that the case was transferred to the state command from Evbuotubu Police Division where the matter was first reported.
Kontongs said that the deceased, aged 50, got married to the suspect in 2002 and have two children, aged 19 and 15.
“The man was said to have demanded sex from the deceased around 11pm of June 27 and upon her refusal, he beat her up and in the process inflicted her with injury.
“She was rushed to four hospitals, three rejected her, but the fourth one referred her to the University of Benin Teaching Hospital where she passed on on July 7, as a result of complications from the injury.
“The man is presently in our custody and will be charged to court for murder,” Kontongs said.(NAN)
Dillivry [Advert Banner]
- Just In: I’m Ready To Give You ‘Multitude’ Of War, Bandit kingpin Bello Turji Blows Hot Over Military Raid
- Africa Lagging In Global Development Due To Corruption — Buhari
- Tension As Bandits Kill 13 Worshippers During Juma’at Service
- Insecurity Will Soon Be A Thing Of The Past – Buhari
- Olojo Festival: Buhari Advocates Return To Farming, Collective Security Measures
Crime5 days ago
Court Jails Man For Stealing Pumping Machine In Osun
Crime3 days ago
Police Arrest Late MKO Abiola’s Ex-Wife For Assaulting Policewoman
News5 days ago
Gov Oyetola’s Aide, Aremo Reprimands Davido For Calling His Principal ‘Bad Human Being’
News3 days ago
Calabar Lawyer In Coma Days After Wife Died In Car Clash While Chasing Him and Sidechic