Chidinma Ojukwu, the prime suspect in the murder of the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Super TV, Usifo Ataga, has been ordered to be remanded in police custody for another 30 days.
The order was given by Justice Adeola Adedayo, of Yaba Magistrates’ Court, following an application by the police.
Justice Adedayo also remanded Ojukwu’s co-defendant Adedapo Quadri on the same terms.
Police counsel Cyril Ejiofor had prayed the court to remand both first defendant Ojukwu and second defendant Quadri pending the issuance of a Lagos State Directorate of Public Prosecutions (DPP) report on the matter.
Director, Office of the Public Defender (OPD) Dr. Babajide Martins, who observed that the prosecution failed to furnish him with the remand application, did not oppose Ejiofor’s prayer “on principle.”
- NACETEM DG, Prof Ukwuoma Harps On Importance Of Strategic Communication In An Organization
- Osun APC Crisis: Anybody Rubbishing Aregbesola In Osun APC Is Wicked, Selfish – Lasun Yusuf
- Your Allegations Over 2018 Guber Election Misleading, Oyetola’s Aide, Bello Replies Lasun Yussuf
- Riot Broke Out In Osogbo As Police Allegedly Kill Driver
- Opinion: “No Economy In Osun State, under Governor Oyetola” – Former Deputy Speaker Lasun Yusuf
News5 days ago
Olufon Stool: Why Odunolu Ruling House Cannot Produce The New King – Oluyeyin Ruling House
News5 days ago
Tragedy As FEDPOFFA Lecturer Slumps, Dies
Opinion5 days ago
Tribute To Mr Ayatu Momoh
News4 days ago
Akure North/South By-Election: Group Seeks Support For Adesida’s Reps Ambition