Chidinma Ojukwu, the prime suspect in the murder of the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Super TV, Usifo Ataga, has been ordered to be remanded in police custody for another 30 days.
The order was given by Justice Adeola Adedayo, of Yaba Magistrates’ Court, following an application by the police.
Justice Adedayo also remanded Ojukwu’s co-defendant Adedapo Quadri on the same terms.
Police counsel Cyril Ejiofor had prayed the court to remand both first defendant Ojukwu and second defendant Quadri pending the issuance of a Lagos State Directorate of Public Prosecutions (DPP) report on the matter.
Director, Office of the Public Defender (OPD) Dr. Babajide Martins, who observed that the prosecution failed to furnish him with the remand application, did not oppose Ejiofor’s prayer “on principle.”
- Illegal Deductions: Customers Drag Bank To Court, Demand N10m Damages
- El Rufai Confirms Presence Of Ansaru Terrorist Group In Two LGAs
- ASUU strike: Security Operatives Take Over Enugu Airport
- Okada Ban: 230 Operators, Motorcycles In Police Custody – Lagos CP
- 33-year-old Man Remanded For Allegedly Hacking N-Power Account
News5 days ago
Killers Of Deborah Samuel Will Not Smell Paradise- Sheikh Gumi
News4 days ago
I Will Win Osun Guber Election With Dollars, Pounds, Says Ademola Adeleke
News3 days ago
2023: Bobrisky’s ‘Presidential Poster’ Surfaces
News4 days ago
Oyetola’s Campaign Council Blasts Adeleke Over Brag To Win Guber Election With Dollars, Says Osun Not For Sale To Highest Bidder