Police attached to Sagamu Road Division on Wednesday rescued two suspected armed robbers from being lynched in Ikorodu area of Lagos, Southwest Nigeria.
A statement issued by Police Public Relations Officer, Muyiwa Adejobi said the robbers were promptly rescued and taken to the station.
The incident occurred around 1.30pm on Wednesday.
He said they were almost lynched by the angry mob in the area before they were eventually rescued.
The suspected robbers are: Gbolahan Adebowale, 18 and Quadri Giwa Giwa Ajina, 21.
“One barretta pistol was recovered from them. The CP has ordered that they should be moved to the state CID for proper investigation..
“The command will not leave any stone unturned to make Lagos safe. Every nooks and crannies of the state will be adequately policed,” he said.
- Transborder Drug Trafficker Arrested With ‘N1bn Worth Of Cocaine’ In Sokoto
- Abductions: Buhari Should Tell Nigerians If Criminals Have Taken Over – CAN
- Non-Career Ambassador: Osun Monarch, Olowu Eulogizes Buratai For His Patriotism
- 2020/21 Admissions: JAMB, Institutions Set June 15 Deadline
- Like Zamfara, Yobe Shuts All Boarding School
News5 days ago
Residents Cry For Help As Suspected Hoodlums Take Over Osogbo Streets, Shoot At Night
News3 days ago
Murder Convict, Rev King Gets 17 Pages Of ThisDay Birthday Advert While On Death Row
News3 days ago
BREAKING: Bandits Kill 35 In Fresh Attack On Zamfara Community
Politics4 days ago
Omisore’s Defection To APC Welcome Development – Osun APC Igbimo Agba