The Police Command in Niger has arrested one Fatima Sani, 37 of Gobirawa village in Mashegu Local Government Area for allegedly stabbing her mother-in-law to death.
The Commissioner of police in the state, Alhaji Adamu Usman, disclosed this to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Minna on Monday.
Usman said that the suspect had a misunderstanding with her husband, Sani Umaru, on April 23 which resulted to divorce.
The suspect alleged that her mother-in-law, Aishatu Umaru, 70 of Tozon Daji village instigated her son to divorce her.
It was based on this assumption that the suspect traced the mother-in-law to her village and stabbed her to death.
Usman said that the case is under investigation and the suspect would soon be charged to court.
He said the police also received information on April 25 that a seven-man gang of suspected kidnappers from Goyi village in Gwagwalada, FCT invaded Tufa village in Gawun Babangida of Gurara LG.
He said a team of policemen were deployed to the scene and engaged the hoodlums in a fierce gun battle.
He explained that three of the hoodlums were arrested with gunshots and one AK 47 rifle and army camouflage uniform were recovered from them.
- Breaking: Gunmen Kidnap Travellers In Osun
- Akeredolu’s First Tenure And The Amotekun Feat
- COVID-19: Schools Not Ready For Resumption-Reps
- Yoruba Progressive Forum Greets Chief Bisi Akande At 82, Describes Him As A Detribalised Nigerian
- Hijab: MSSN Warns School Principals Against Causing Crisis In Osun