A 32-year-old man, Ahmad Aliyu, who had been locked inside a room by his father and stepmother for over seven years, has been rescued by the police in Kano.
He was rescued on Thursday evening by police and some human rights groups at Farawa Babban Layi in Mariri quarters of Kumbotso Local Government Area in Kano metropolis.
The victim was chained and caged after he was accused of drug abuse by his parents.
It was gathered that he went days without food and water and had to feed on his faeces and urine to stay alive.
Some of the neighbours in the area were to have informed the police and human rights activists about Aliyu’s situation.
The video of the rescued man went viral on Friday morning in Kano, showing how the police rescued him from the cage in which he was locked for seven years.
Residents and neighbours were shocked when they heard the news of the man.
Spokesman for the police in Kano, Mr Abdullahi Haruna Kiyawa, confirmed the incident.
Haruna, a Deputy Superintendent of Police, said they were still gathering information on the issue.
- Ramadan: UniJos Muslim Staff To Close 3
- Management Counts Loses As Rainstorm Wrecks Havock On OSPOLY
- Pray Nigeria Surmounts Challenges During Ramadan, Osun Cleric Urges Muslims
- We’re committed to create more jobs for Ondo youths through Agric business—Klick Konnect
- Odua Nation: Osun Distances State From Secession Call, Suspends three principals
News3 days ago
GAFDAN Demands Return Of Sarkin Fulani To Oyo
News5 days ago
Surulere LGA Councillors Suspend Chairman Over Alleged Financial Misappropriation
News2 days ago
Full Lists Of PDP South-West Newly Elected Officers
News3 days ago
PDP Southwest Congress: 10 Suspected Hoodlums Arrested With Guns, Charms In Osogbo