The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) has arrested a hotelier Oladimeji Olusegun Ogunfolaju and 79 others in Ikorodu, Lagos for alleged involvement in internet fraud.
According to the Commission, Ogunfolaju owns Lakers Hotel and Lake County Entertainment in Ikorodu, where The Nation learnt the suspects were arrested on Saturday, March 7, 2020, during a raid.
The commission alleged that the hotel, which houses a nightclub and a strip bar, was built in 2017 with proceeds of internet fraud.
It claimed that the hotel was “a haven for internet fraudsters and was guarded by armed security men who took to their heels on sighting the EFCC operatives.”
About 60 of the suspects have volunteered useful information, leading to further investigation, the EFCC said.
It said the items recovered from the suspects at the point of arrest included exotic cars, jewellery, mobile phones and some documents.
EFCC Lagos Zonal Head, Mr Mohammed Rabo, confirmed the arrest, adding that the suspects will soon be charged to court, he added.
- Riot Broke Out In Osogbo As Police Allegedly Kill Driver
- Opinion: “No Economy In Osun State, under Governor Oyetola” – Former Deputy Speaker Lasun Yusuf
- Osun APC Fires Back At Lasun Yussuf Over Comments On 2018 Guber Poll, Says He’s An Attention Seeker
- How Ovie Omo-Agege Was Sent To Rig Me Out Of Osun Guber Race In 2018 – Lasun Yusuff
- APC Didn’t Win 2018 Guber Election In Osun – Lasun Yussuf Alleges, Says Nobody Can Stop His 2022 Gov Ambition
News4 days ago
Olufon Stool: Why Odunolu Ruling House Cannot Produce The New King – Oluyeyin Ruling House
News4 days ago
Tragedy As FEDPOFFA Lecturer Slumps, Dies
News3 days ago
Akure North/South By-Election: Group Seeks Support For Adesida’s Reps Ambition
Opinion4 days ago
Tribute To Mr Ayatu Momoh